Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: October 2001:
[Freeciv] Re: Game option "give city"

To: Thomas Strub <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Game option "give city"
From: Karl-Ingo Friese <kif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 11:58:08 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 4 Oct 2001, Thomas Strub wrote:

> In my opinion its lame to win (or loose) a game only because all other
> (weaker) player gave their cities to one good player who alone wasn't
> strong enough to win.

I feel similiar, still it can make sense. For example if the two nations
were allies. Switching one of them to AI will cause an immidate war.
Once upon a time I refused when my alliance partner wanted to give me
my cities before he had to go. But his point "it was their decision
not to go into an alliance with me - you did" was not that bad.

Anyhow, the option is a good idea.
Ingo

--

Karl-Ingo Friese