Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: March 2001:
[Freeciv] Re: Portrait of a Techtree

To: <mike_jing@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Portrait of a Techtree
From: Cameron Morland <cjmorlan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 09:12:06 -0500 (EST)

La 2001-03-02, Mike Jing skribis:

> Hi David,
>
> I am playing a Civ2 scenario with a very shallow and wide techtree.  I know
> I can adjust the width and height of the output, but then I can't get it to
> print properly on my printer.  It would be nice if I could simply turn the
> chart 90 degrees to landscape mode.  Would this be hard to implement?  Or is
> there other ways to convert the .ps output from portrait to landscape for
> printing?

You can alway try adding a line like

90 rotate

to the beginning of the .ps file, after any comments (starting with %)

You may also need to shift the image; do this with

72 72 translate

which will translate (slide) the image 72 points (1 inch) in each
direction. You'll need to shift it a bit more than that, but you can
certainly experiment. You can scale in X and Y by

2.0 0.5 scale

which will stretch x2 vertically and x0.5 horizontally.

For example, by adding these lines to the begining of the default FreeCiv
techtree, the tree is rotated, shifted, and stretched to fill the page in
the other dimension (stretching text this much is a bad idea, but you see
what's happening).

%!PS-Adobe-2.0
%%Creator: techtree version 3.0 by David W. Pfitzner
%%BoundingBox: 28 28 567 780
%%Pages: 1
%%DocumentFonts: Helvetica
%%EndComments