Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Updated Spanish ruleset

To: "Miguel Farah F." <miguel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Updated Spanish ruleset
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 12:15:00 -0500

At 2000/12/30 11:30 , Miguel Farah F. wrote:
>Now, I'm new to freeciv and to ruleset modifications, so please answer
>this:

There's lots of good information on the web site at
<http://www.freeciv.org/>.  Especially look at "How to Contribute" and
other items in the "Development" column.

>1) the changed lists are 'leader', 'leader_sex', 'ruler_titles' and
>   'cities'. If I understood correctly the indications, these changes
>   should NOT affect other files, and thus I could send the modified
>   data/nation/spanish.ruleset only in order to have it included in
>   the next Freeciv release, right?

You are correct in that the lists you changed do not affect other files.

>2) If so, where/who should I send the file to? Since it's a 3K file, is
>   it OK if I simply post it here, uuencoded?

This mailing list is more for players and general information.
Contributions to development are better posted to
<freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>.  Also, most people prefer MIME encoding.

Since nation ruleset files are small it is less important, but for most
files we prefer that you post a "patch", using "diff -u".  (Actually, a
patch is preferred even for small files like nation rulesets.)  Again, see
the "How to Contribute" page at <http://www.freeciv.org/contribute.html>.

>3) I also decided to work on the Chilean nation (since Argentina and
>   Brazil are included already). I already did the chilean.ruleset, but
>   I'm not sure what to do next - does anyone, by any chance, done the
>   Texas flag? (it's very close to the Chilean one, so I could adapt it
>   with ease)

Unfortunately, we're running up against a program limit on the number of
nations, so I have not been accepting new nations lately.

jjm