Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Updated Spanish ruleset

To: miguel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Updated Spanish ruleset
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 11:59:07 -0500

"Miguel Farah F." <miguel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I recently finished a campaign where I played the Spanish, and I ended up having 127 cities. Thing is, I just hate to have cities with non-spanish names [mind you, I'm spanish AND a chauvinist], so for each new city I built, I had to get my map and look for yet another name.

I think this highlights the need to curtail the amount of expansion that is possible and introduce some kind of balance in the game. BTW, this was the same reason I started working on the Chinese nation ruleset a while back -- I kept running out of city names.

Mike