Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 2000:
[Freeciv] Updated Spanish ruleset

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Updated Spanish ruleset
From: "Miguel Farah F." <miguel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 13:30:01 -0300 (CLST)

I recently finished a campaign where I played the Spanish, and I ended
up having 127 cities. Thing is, I just hate to have cities with
non-spanish names [mind you, I'm spanish AND a chauvinist], so for each
new city I built, I had to get my map and look for yet another name.

I decided to refine and expand the city names' list I had, and came up
with a list of 200 cities - first the 50 provinces' capitals, then 40
other important cities, and then 110 minor cities and towns.

I wrote this list into the spanish.ruleset, and also noticed that the
leaders' list could be improved, so I wrote in a 10 names list, too. I
also expanded the ruler_titles section, giving titles for despotism,
fundamentalism and monarchy that are coherent with spanish history.

Now, I'm new to freeciv and to ruleset modifications, so please answer
this:

1) the changed lists are 'leader', 'leader_sex', 'ruler_titles' and
   'cities'. If I understood correctly the indications, these changes
   should NOT affect other files, and thus I could send the modified
   data/nation/spanish.ruleset only in order to have it included in
   the next Freeciv release, right?

2) If so, where/who should I send the file to? Since it's a 3K file, is
   it OK if I simply post it here, uuencoded?

   Just in case, I'm abstaining of posting it here, but I have it
   available at http://www.nn.cl/~miguel/Freeciv

3) I also decided to work on the Chilean nation (since Argentina and
   Brazil are included already). I already did the chilean.ruleset, but
   I'm not sure what to do next - does anyone, by any chance, done the
   Texas flag? (it's very close to the Chilean one, so I could adapt it
   with ease)

   Help and/or Guidelines will be appreciated.

Thank you.

--
MIGUEL FARAH              //   miguel@xxxxxxxxxx
#include <disclaimer.h>   //   http://www.webhost.cl/~miguel