Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Patch: Remove free city center (misguided?) (PR#633)

To: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Patch: Remove free city center (misguided?) (PR#633)
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 08:06:29 -0500

After a little playtesting, I realized that, as been pointd out, this might not be a good idea after all. The most important problem with this approach is that not being able to free the first worker has some serious consequences that are not easily resolved. It seems the free city center is actually fundamental to the game. Unfortunately, it also gives us ICS.

I probably have to fall back on my happiness argument and try to fix it from there. Meanwhile, please do keep those ideas coming. I still think we can fix this somehow.

Mike