Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Combat rules

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Combat rules
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2000 10:43:00 -0500

    Bobby> Throughout most of history, wars were fought by each side sending
    Bobby> a single monolithic army (or at most a very few armies) against
    Bobby> each other.  The command and control arrangements for phasing
    Bobby> attacks by a myriad independently operating units just was not
    Bobby> there.

  Hmm. I was under the impression that defense was easier to coordinate.
  I was also under the impression that if I had an offense unit
(e.g. catapult) and a good/even defense unit (chariots, phalanx) in the same
square that the catapult would get additional defense.

] Train travel features AC outlets with no take-off restrictions|  firewalls  [
] mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[