Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Combat rules

To: Gert Van den Eynde <gvdeynde@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Combat rules
From: Pallav Nawani <pallav99@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 09:41:19 +0530 (IST)

On 3 Nov 2000, Gert Van den Eynde wrote:

> Date: 03 Nov 2000 16:00:45 CET
> From: Gert Van den Eynde <gvdeynde@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [Freeciv] Combat rules
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have a small (and maybe stupid) question on the freeciv combat rules. As I
> can see now, combat is always one-on-one. Is it possible to have "a lot - on
> - one" or "a lot - on - a lot" style of combat ? For example, I attack a city
> with 4 units and the city defends itself with 2 units, all
> simultaneously ? As the saying goes: the final result of the effort is more
> than the sum of its parts (in very bad English :-) )
>
> I know freeciv is turn-based but maybe it's possible to "instruct" some units
> to act as one at the end of the turn (grouping). In my opinion this is a more
> realistic combat situation (maybe require a tech like 'strategy'). Is this
> already possible in freeciv or does it need extra programming ?
>
> Btw, congratulations on a wonderful game !
>
> All the best,
>
> Gert

Hi,
This is right now not possible in freeciv. Definitely need extra
programming.

bye,
pallav

Try it, whatever "it" might be. Who knows? You might like it(Then
again, you might not, but you'll never know unless you try).
Pallav Nawani        |    Visit me at                              ]
M-41,                |  http://www.angelfire.com/co/pallav         ]
PIN 560012           |                 OR                          ]
Phone : 3092453      |  http://www.pallavnawani.com                ]