Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: September 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: A question of one basic thing

To: Teemu Ruskeepää <truskeepaeae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: A question of one basic thing
From: "Vibhu Rishi" <vibhu.rishi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 11:17:23 +0530

Hi,

the Freeciv distribution is basically a source distribution under GNU license.
So , for you to get an executable , you need to compile the source code. You
will probably need a compiler for c/c++. Most of the compilers for windows are
commercial ( That is why I use Linux , all the compilers are already there).

for more info how to install, there are files in the distribution ( INSTALL,
README). go through them. Also, there may be some binaries (read executables)
present on the freeciv website. If you rather not compile everything then
download for windowz and go ahead.

vibhu..