Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: July 2000:
[Freeciv] [Fwd: eternal wonders,]

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] [Fwd: eternal wonders,]
From: ghod <ghod@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 11:07:46 -0400

--- Begin Message ---
To: Nicolas Brunel <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv] eternal wonders,
From: ghod <ghod@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 11:06:41 -0400
I think not...
People still visit Egypt to see the Pyramids.. so ALL the effects are not
realized everywhere.
I agree that a percentage should be allowed to others but NEVER 100%.. other
wise why bother.
maybe 80% of max.. same with other wonders..
There are several civilizations that do not under stand woman's suffrage as of
yet.. so MAYBE.. there should be a research limit on each as well.
I.E. you don't begin to gain woman's suffrage until you gain that tech.
same with Pyramids..
I.E... if I see you have started researching Pyramids.. I would not bother
with that tech.. BUT if I knew I would GAIN from it's effects even after you
built it .. I WOULD.
So some tech research is forced for the effect to even begin to start.
Same with JC Bachs and the like.. of course some creative programming will be
needed in order for the effects to be something under 100%. what is 10-90% of
one happy person :) ETC. ETC.. same with Pyramids.. which will be easier. what
is 20% of 50% :) or 30% etc....
all these numbers will need to be worked out.. but the idea is valid.

AGAIN 100% without the wonder should NOT be achievable.
90% max. I would say.. or there is no VALID reason to build them.
after a few turns the gains are negative for just the reason you built it.
you used all the resources to build it (I.E. pyramids) while the other person
built mil units.. NOT! he takes your city with the 10 units he built while you
wasted your resources on the wonder Also I would say something like 2-4% per
turn would be better.. 10 per is WAY too fast. make the effect long lasting as
it takes alot to even build it. 600 production on some wonders can build
atleast 10 GOOD units! I would rather eliminate you given the choice :)