Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: July 2000:
[Freeciv] PLEASE FORWARD

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx, horsch@xxxxxxxxxx, webaster@xxxxxxxx, reiser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, nbullmann@xxxxxxxxxxx, franz.amann@xxxxxxxxxx, schoeneb@xxxxxx, maniek@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] PLEASE FORWARD
From: Tyler Smith <Tyler_S@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 00:48:21 +0200 (CEST)

Dear friends,

please do read this mail, this is no spam, I swear. A friend of mine
participates in a
social project in the city of Curitiba, Brazil. However, as he told me, they
lack the
most necessary resources (medical, financial etc.), and after the recent
environmental
disaster the situation has grown even worse.

Now, the Bach Association announced they are going to donate about 30.000 $ to
the
Curitiba project as a part of their 250-year J.S.Bach concert events, because
they want
to spend their revenues on caritative purposes. There is only one condition:
the "Krach
bei Bach" musical project must win the polls at

http://www.mdr.de/online/kultur/magazinprojekte/bach2000/for_djs/index_djbach.html

It's the first item at the list. Please vote, and vote soon! At the last
forecast, there
were 35 votes missing. The poll will be closed in seven days, so there is time
enough.
The site is in German, but this doesn't matter: people from anywhere are
allowed to vote.

Please forward this to everyone you know, to help this grassroots movement
evolve. If
you're not interested in this, think of the 200.000 people living in the city
miserably.
Of course, the 30000 $ won't solve all problems, not by far. But it would help
a lot, and
consider: there is nothing to lose.

Thanks,
Tyler