Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: July 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: AI Levels

To: ChrisK@xxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: AI Levels
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 14:06:54 +1000 (EST)

Christian Knoke wrote:

> I have a question about setting the ai levels. If there
> are two AI players, say Jack and Joe, you can type:
>
> > easy
> > hard Joe
> > hard Jack
>
> or just
>
> > hard
>
> I wonder whether any other (internal) game variables are set with
> the easy / hard command. In short, are there any differences
> between these possibilities, affecting the game?

Currently the only difference is that if new AI players are created,
then in the first case the new players will be easy, and in the
second case they will be hard.

(Such new players could be created at the start of the game, or
also during the game from barbarians or civil war, or from humans
being changed to AI mode (if the human player has never before
been in AI mode, else it keeps its previous skill level).)

Regards,
-- David