Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: April 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: egregious cheating by AI

To: Andrew Pimlott <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: egregious cheating by AI
From: Martin Horsch <horsch@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 22:49:28 +0200 (CEST)

> - AI units sometimes get extra moves.  I didn't believe it the first
>   time I saw it, so maybe there's someting I don't understand.  But
>   I'm sure I've seen AI chariots move three spaces over normal land,
>   killing the unit I thought was out of range.

I thought chariots had three moves anyway.

> - AI units sometimes violate zones of control.  Similar to the
>   above--I didn't believe it at first, but after several incidents,
>   I'm sure.

When did you observe this?
The ZOC rules don't apply to some units(spy, diplomat, etc.), so that
might be the reasen.

Martin

Martin Horsch
Mail: horsch@xxxxxxxxxx
Tel: 0711-4799527

"So I decided that if the architecture is fundamentally sane enough,
say it follows some basic rules like it supported paging, then I would
be able to say, yes, Linux fundamentally supports that model."

  -- Linus Torvalds on Portability (Open Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and
Associates)