Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: April 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: how to start freeciv?

To: Markus Lehtokumpu <markleh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: how to start freeciv?
From: Pallav Nawani <pallav99@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 19:32:57 +0530 (IST)

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Markus Lehtokumpu wrote:

> Subject: [Freeciv] how to start freeciv?
>
> Hello?
> I would want change from window$ to linux and iīm intresting to try freeciv.
>   But thereīs little problem...(And thatīs maybe īcause i had try linux so
> little.), and i have some question.
>
> I have 333Mhz, 64Mb, Hercules Thriller 3D 8Mb, bash, Linux Mandrake 5,2 and
> KDE.
>
> 1. I try install freeciv, but thereīs comes that it needs some    lib-files.
> but i had installed and after that find also those files in hard disk. (I
> think maybe i must put PATH to in some file, but i donīt know where...

> 2. I put ok and install freeciv.

Did you compile it or did you use somebody else's binaries?
compiling it yourself is a better idea.

> 3. I try to start civserver, but there comes some pipe problem (i    think).
> Then try to test civclient, and theres comes "...donīt find    some
> libfile").

what libfile ?

> So... i know those are stupid rookie problems :),but i would than you very
> much if you help me and give me some helpful information how to work with
> linux packages.
>
> Markus Lehtokumpu
> Finland

Download the source & compile it.. Best Idea :)

pallav

Anthony's Law of Force : Don't Force it, Get a bigger Hammer.
Pallav Nawani        |    Visit me at                              |
F-46,                |  http://www.angelfire.com/co/pallav         |
PIN 560012           |                                             |
Phone : 3092625      |                                             |