Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: April 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: how do i find out about the techs, units, terrain types et

To: aarsg489@xxxxxxxxxx, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: how do i find out about the techs, units, terrain types etc.? (was: Question ?)
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 22:58:55 EDT

Where can I find info about:
1.- The characteristics of the type of terrain, like the production,
defense etc.
2.- A description of the advances (Technologies), about what you can > do with them

I made a couple of tables to summerize the effects of buildings and characteristics of different terrain types for my own reference. They are attached below, and I hope it helps.

For techs, you should get David Pfitzner's "techtree" at http://msowww.anu.edu.au/~dwp/freeciv/techtree/ . Just download the postscript version, print it out and put it on the wall by your computer. (I have it right here beside me, although by now I already know it by heart. :-)

Good luck!

Mike

P.S. Note to David: maybe it's time to update the techtree program to use the new ruleset format? ;-)