Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: March 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Heelllllppp!!!

To: "'Stephen Hodge'" <stephenh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Heelllllppp!!!
From: "Todd Goodman" <tsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 21:00:01 -0500

The X Free port is being hosted by Cygnus but the people working on it are
not Cygnus employees (as far as I know).

I'm pretty sure it is going to have to stay free since it incorporates
XFree86 and X Window System code.

They seem to be making good progress now, but it's not to a point where
I think it can be recommended for non-developer use (i.e., you need to be
able to put up with some serious problems and hopefully help debug them).

It will sure be nice to have a good free X Server available for Windows.

Todd