Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: March 2000:
[Freeciv] Heelllllppp!!!

To: <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Heelllllppp!!!
From: "mystlynx" <mystlynx@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 08:20:52 -0800

Hi guys and gals! To start with, I was very excited to see a freeware program similar to Civ2! I've been playing Civ2 on my playstation religiously for as  long as I've had it (long time!). I just got my first computer very recently (3 weeks ago) and am positively dense when it comes to the more subtle functions thereof. To make a long story short, I am very computer illiterate and I need help getting this bad boy running! From what I gather, the download was a ZIP... ok, no problem, shellgem took care of that. So now I try to enter it... problem! Do I have to get into it through DOS? Or am I shooting a blank here? I read your requirements list but it was Greek to me. What drew my attention was that it supported Windows 98. Any suggestions for a dunce like me? I hope you have the patience to respond to a letter like this. I can use all the help I can get.... especially since I want to be a programmer myself someday! ( Any suggestions you have on learning about that I'd appreciate as well!) Anyways, I've taken up enough of your time. Thanks for giving this letter a look through, and thank you, in advance, for any time you can give in responding.
Most Sincerely and Appreciatively, James Copeland