Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: March 2000:
[Freeciv] Literacy

To: freeciv <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Literacy
From: "Paul T. McNally" <nally@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 16:30:06 -0600

Hello

I'm completely new to the game and love it. I don't know if
it is appropriate to ask gaming questions here or anywhere,
so I've spent a week or so playing and reading and learning.
I've come across something I can't figure out how to change.

When I look at the Demographics Report, it states Literacy.
I've tried a number of things to build or do and I can never
get the % to change from zero. This weekend I cheated and
played a game by myself and landed a spaceship on Alpha
Centauri and I still had a Literacy of 0%.

I'm running Freeciv 1.10.0 on Redhat 6.1. It has been
extremely stable.

If this is not appropriate here, let me know where.
Thanks to those who've spent time developing this
great game. It gives me excuses not to learn Perl
and Python as much as I need to. Life would not be
worth living without Freeciv.

Paul