Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: March 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Lost control of my ships?

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Lost control of my ships?
From: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 15:10:41 -0600

On Thu, Mar 02, 2000 at 03:05:53PM -0600, Asher Densmore-Lynn wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 02, 2000 at 11:28:13AM -0500, ghod wrote:
> > only build what you need.. structure wise in the cities early and conserve
> > funds.
> > also play with tx rate if needed
>
> HOW the heck do you conserve funds? I can't for the life of me figure out
> how -not- to build things. MoM had Trade Goods, but Civ gives Capitalization
> rather... late...
>
> So how do I -avoid- building stuff?

        There are several ways.
        1) Select terrain that doesn't give you as many shields.
Hopefully, it will give you some other resource to compensate.
        2) Build buildings and sell them.
        3) Build units instead.  Caravans, Diplomats, and other non-upkeep
units are useful in many different ways.
        4) Get in more wars.  You'll lose enough troops that replacing them
will suck up any spare production you might have.
        5) Don't use Gold to accelerate production.  Let things finish
themselves naturally.
--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"And they said work hard, and die suddenly, because it's fun."