Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: March 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: lighthouse-wonder

To: Freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: lighthouse-wonder
From: martin <martin.mcmahon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 12:57:18 +0000

On 29-Feb-00, Sean Connor wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 29, 2000 at 12:07:49PM -0500, Michael Richardson wrote:
>>   True. And why can't I "irrigate" the *sea* --- fish are sure easier to
>> catch if I put a big fench around them.
>
> Well, for one thing, you'd have to move your settler/engineer onto
> a sea square in order to do this, and in case you hadn't noticed,
> they can't move onto sea squares.  :)
>
> We'd have to make some kind of sea-going settler/engineer type unit
> in order for this to work.  (A boat with building capabilities,
> perhaps?)
>
> BTW, you _can_ do this in Civ:CTP, but that game's method for building
> tile improvements differs from Freeciv/Civ2's method, and it gets
> around this problem in another way.
>
> Something to think about for the 'Freeciv' ruleset that everyone's
> talking about.  :)

you could road in civ on the sea and railroad the sea too .yes thats what I
wrote :) this is how you did it you put a settler on a transporter then click
on settler when you were at sea and the build road then railroad
.a small bug I think ,but it could be done.there is no need for a new unit
just use a settler unit and a transporter.

I hope some-one is writing down all the ideas that are coming through,for when
we start on 2.1.

Incase I forgot to say

Freeciv is great

Regards
--

Chat on #Rabble   uk3.arcnet.vapor.com port6667