Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Problems running networked freeciv

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Problems running networked freeciv
From: Jamie Love <jdl28@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 08:50:30 +1300

Reinier Post spoke these words of wisdom:
> > What happens is that I can run it ok, and my friends can load up
> > civclient, connect to my civserver process etc, but the moment a friend
> > has choosen the player to be, their civclient program shuts down, and
> > comes up with a couple of parse errors in helpdata.txt (line 42 to be
> >                 exact).
>
> Hmm ... never heard of this problem before.  Which version are you using,
> on which platform?

Solaris 2.7 on intel pIII 500 using the latest 1.10 release.

It beats the hell out of me as well. Maybe I'm missing something really
simple? is there any files that need copying to other peoples
directories? or maybe certain permissions that need to be set. Remember
I installed freeciv under my own student account, not as root.

Thanks for any help
--
Jamie
 -  "Well-timed silence hath more eloquence than speech. "