Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 2000:
[Freeciv] Problems running networked freeciv

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Problems running networked freeciv
From: Jamie Love <jdl28@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 16:02:45 +1300

Hi all,

under my account a uni (read: non root account), I have set up freeciv.
It all runs perfectly well for me, until me and my friends try and play
networked (arguably the best way to play).

What happens is that I can run it ok, and my friends can load up
civclient, connect to my civserver process etc, but the moment a friend
has choosen the player to be, their civclient program shuts down, and
comes up with a couple of parse errors in helpdata.txt (line 42 to be
                exact).

This even happens when they (my friends) try and run the server and a
game by themselves. It just crashes at that point when the main game
screen is supposed to change to show the map.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
--
Jamie
 -  "Well-timed silence hath more eloquence than speech. "