Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Win32

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Win32
From: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 19:27:03 -0200

On Wed, Feb 23, 2000 at 09:22:30PM +0100, Andreas Kemnade wrote:

> I see there is demand in a newer version so I will try compiling a newer
> version again. Would such a patch have a chance
>  to go in CVS? Or should I try to port 1.9.0 first.

By all means go directly to 1.10.0. I believe the patches will
be accepted if they don't break other archs and aren't
hideously ugly.

> To compile I use egcs-2.91.60 as a crosscompiler from Debian GNU/Linux to
> avoid thinking about strange paths. The precompiled version (with gcc-2.95)
> from http://user.sgic.fi/%7Etml/gimp/win32/ didn't work (GtkDialog had not the
> same size as egcs-2.91.60 expects), so I had to compile from the source.
> I compiled the crosscompiler myself.

That would be very cool. Debian used to have a cygwin package
``back then'' but it died off. If you can give me the pointers
to a successful cross-compiler (mingw specifically) I'd love to
maintain the package.

> What do want exactly? gcc as a mingw32-(cross)compiler or just the *.a files
> and headers from gtk?

A cross-compiler would be a real boon, you make it sound like
it saves a lot of headaches :-) But if that fails, a compiler
would work. Just the files wouldn't do, I don't think I got the
mingw32 compiler right to begin with.

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----