Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Win32

To: lalo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Win32
From: akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxx (Andreas Kemnade)
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 21:22:30 +0100

>  Whatever happened to the person who compiled a native-gtk win32
>  version? I have a friend running this version because she can't
>  get a X Server :-)

I am in a similar situation.
I have tried to compile later versions some time ago, but I was not successful.
Win says that there isn't enough memory when loading tile gfx.
crop_sprite fails for example. I had the same problem in 1.8.1
(look at the crazy things around load_tile_gfx in my patch for  that version ).
Because of tilespecs the problem is more weird in newer versions.

I see there is demand in a newer version so I will try compiling a newer
version again. Would such a patch have a chance
 to go in CVS? Or should I try to port 1.9.0 first.

To compile I use egcs-2.91.60 as a crosscompiler from Debian GNU/Linux to
avoid thinking about strange paths. The precompiled version (with gcc-2.95)
from http://user.sgic.fi/%7Etml/gimp/win32/ didn't work (GtkDialog had not the
 same size as egcs-2.91.60 expects), so I had to compile from the source.
I compiled the crosscompiler myself.

What do want exactly? gcc as a mingw32-(cross)compiler or just the *.a files
and headers from gtk?

Bye,
Andreas Kemnade
akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxx