Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: January 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: xcivclient can't find "tileslist(-)"

To: mhll@xxxxxx
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: xcivclient can't find "tileslist(-)"
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 14:35:12 +1100 (EST)

Marcel Loesberg wrote:

> When I try to start xcivclient it tells me it can't find the tileslist.
> I've downloaded the engels tileset and copied it into my xcivclient
> directory.
> I also give xcivclient the --tiles engels option.
> Am I doing something wrong?

I don't have a solution, just an observation and some questions.

Observation:
Be aware that xcivclient is a contributed utility, rather than part
of the main freeciv distribution, so it may not be supported as well
as freeciv proper, and may not work with all versions of freeciv.

Questions:
- Are you able to get freeciv working without xcivclient?
- Which version of freeciv are you using?

(Actually, taking a quick look at xcivclient it seems to have
been written before freeciv 1.9.0, and some things about tilesets
(and FREECIV_DATADIR) have changed in 1.9.0, so that may be the
problem.)

Regards,
-- David