Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 1999:
[Freeciv] Re: im a bit confoooooosed!!!

To: "'Reinier Post'" <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>, <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: im a bit confoooooosed!!!
From: "Todd Goodman" <tsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 13:07:39 -0500

I suspect part of the problem is that some people using
Windows don't know what "You need an X Server" means.

I should also make sure the instructions are spelled out
on my web page (although the binaries are on www.freeciv.org
now).

I really really want to try to get a native Windows build
together (using Tor Lillqvist's native GTK work).

This is why I've been delayed in getting a 1.9.0 release
out (and because the i8n stuff caused me some problems).

I'll try to get a 1.9.0 Windows X release out first and
then go back to the native Windows release.

Todd