Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 1999:
[Freeciv] Re: im a bit confoooooosed!!!

To: "'fred schebesta'" <moehorn@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: im a bit confoooooosed!!!
From: "Todd Goodman" <tsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 09:38:47 -0500

The getpwuid() message is a warning and should not effect the ability
to play the game.

Here's what I do:

1) Make sure your X server is running.  I use the commercial server
eXceed by Hummingbird.

2) Start the server.  I do a 'set aifill=5' to make five players.

3) Start the client and connect to the defaults (localhost).

That assumes you want to play against the AI.  If not, then forget
the server steps and connect to the appropriate machines.

Hope this helps,

Todd