Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 1999:
[Freeciv] Re: AI too hard

To: "'freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: AI too hard
From: Thomas Bliesener <bli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 13:09:15 -0600

On Thu, Nov, 11, 1999 at 17:45:40 +0100, Patrick Schmid wrote:

> I think the AI is really hard, if you play in normal or hard mode. In the

When you gain more experience you will defeat them easily. I would like to
have a much harder AI.

> But one thing I still hate about the AI is his handling of pollution. In
> most of my games, when the AI and I are close together in tech levels, the
> whole game will be destroyed by an AI polluting everything and not cleaning
> up. In my last game I had at the end each turn a global warming and my own
> pollution was almost 0!

The industrial countries cause 80 % of the world wide pollution. The 3rd
world doesn't benefit from their production but from the global warming (*)
e. g. ... That's annoying but that's realistic. ;-\

> Is there no way to make the AI more "green"?

Don't throw so much nuclear bombs. ;-)

bli

(*) if it really happens