Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 1999:
[Freeciv] Re: Client versions

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Client versions
From: Benjamin Korvemaker <benjamin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 16:44:53 -0700

Running on the rather archaic machines I have at my disposal, I'd
probably kill someone if I was forced to use the Gtk client. As it is,
I was having color map issues a year ago. Plus, no one really wants to
compile Gtk for (or on a machine running) SunOS 4.1.x, do they?

However, dropping the xaw client from debian doesn't particularly
affect SunOS, and it doesn't mean debian users can't have it, they
just have to read and think. (gasp!)

My $0.02 CDN

Ben

--