Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: September 1999:
Re: [Freeciv] restarting a saved game

To: Michael Mielke <michael@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv] restarting a saved game
From: "Eric E. Coe" <ecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 14:39:08 -0400

Well, if you were going to actually make changes, then what I would want
would be to use the original (system) user id (automatically supplied as
it is) for the connect window, and when the connection succeeds, a second
window is popped up that contains a chooser of all the active ruler's names
(including AI's and each with descriptive info) with the matching name from
the previous play session for that user id selected by default.

If you just press OK, you will resume your game and position as before, but
you can use the chooser to switch positions with an AI if you want (as you
can now).

But as I said, it not that big a deal...

(As for providing a list of rulers in the client connect dialog from the
beginning, isn't that a little difficult, since you aren't connected to
the server yet? :) )

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -i4lfirm{8+:2cqsynlz:5%@0:3Siwr:1Kwvx
print 'Eric E. Coe, JAPH (and Oracle Principle Engineer)