Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: August 1999:
[Freeciv] Complete.Org/FreeCiv.Org update

Subject: [Freeciv] Complete.Org/FreeCiv.Org update
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11 Aug 1999 16:51:35 -0500

Hello!

Well this is now just over a week in my new location and things are
starting to approach being routine.  (heh)

I want to give everyone an update on the network status of the server
that hosts this mailing list.

SouthWestern Bell, the local telephone company, has finally realized
that yes, I do have a phone line (despite the fact that I talked to
them using that very line, they didn't believe that I had one).
Therefore, theoretically, a high-bandwidth connection ought to arrive
within a week.  With it will come a restoration of the web server at
complete.org (with more bandwidth than ever) and some significant
speedups with mail.

Thanks for being patient with me as I fight the epic battle with the
Teenage Mutant Ninja Phone Company.  (Did I mention that the reason
they wanted to make sure I had a phone line was so that they could
verify I'm within 10,000 feet of their office, despite the fact that I
can literally see their office across the street from the back side of
my apartment...)

-- John Goerzen