Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: July 1999:
Re: [Freeciv] Re: X-Windows for Amiga

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv] Re: X-Windows for Amiga
From: "James Novak" <jnovak@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 14 Jul 99 14:17:02 +0600

> Hello Robert (CCL)
>
> On 14-Jul-99, you wrote:
>
> > I just installed the new 1.8.1 version of Freeciv for Windows 95.  Is it
> > just me (or my X-Windows server) or this new GTK version a lot slower?
>
> I dunno, on the amiga the GTK version is slower (according to the docs).
> --

From the gtk version I compiled, for 1.8.1, the client is somewhat
slower, plus pretty memory hungry. The X server, civserver, and
civclient, plus my TCP stack, together use almost 16 Meg of memory.
But, that could also be because I compiled the sucker with -O3 in gcc,
so the files wound up being fairly good sized.  Am going to try it
again later on. Right now am trying to get my web page set up to hold
an Amiga compile of Freeciv, plus some other binaries for X11.

James Novak (jnovak@xxxxxxxxxx)

--
A3000T 030/882 25Mhz/16MegFast/2MegChip/CV643D/WB3.1
ICQ UIN: 32336064