Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv] Overcomming Xaw segfault

To: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv] Overcomming Xaw segfault
From: "Geoffrey T. Cheshire" <gches@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 21:04:36 -0700

David Pfitzner wrote:

> The freeciv FAQ is actually a bit out of date regarding Xaw and
> Xaw3d; as of freeciv 1.7.2, you should be able to configure freeciv
> to work properly with Xaw3d simply by doing
>   ./configure --with-xaw3d
> (And then make, as usual.)  Try that.

Ok.  Found that line now that you pointed it out :)  However, freeciv
still segfaults at startup (before any X windows appear).

The only other possibility I see is the error:

ld: warning: libc.so.6, needed by /usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.so, may conflict
with libc.so.5

at the end of compilation.  I'm using glibc6 (standard RedHat fair).
COuld this be the problem, somehow?

Thanks again, and I may try the GTK+ version & see if that runs.  (Maybe
this is God telling me I should spend more time working ;)

Geoff
--
Geoffrey T. Cheshire <gches@xxxxxxxxxxx>