Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv] Overcomming Xaw segfault

To: gches@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv] Overcomming Xaw segfault
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 11:53:10 +1100

Geoffrey T. Cheshire wrote:

> I'm brand new to freeciv (and the civ games in general) and am having
> what I think is the Xaw incompatability problem.  I'm running a fairly
> standard RedHat 5.1/2 system.  I show Xaw and Xaw3d in my libs, but I'm
> guessing Xaw is not really the classic Xaw (and I can't find the old Xaw
> on the net either).

> Can anyone offer me a more step-by-step way to try and get the client
> running?  Should I try the GTK+ version?  Where is it?

Hi Geoffrey,

The freeciv FAQ is actually a bit out of date regarding Xaw and
Xaw3d; as of freeciv 1.7.2, you should be able to configure freeciv
to work properly with Xaw3d simply by doing
  ./configure --with-xaw3d
(And then make, as usual.)  Try that.
(I think this is discussed in the INSTALL file for 1.7.2 ?)

You can get the GTK+ version from
<http://camoes.rnl.ist.utl.pt/~vasc>

Regards,
-- David