Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: January 1999:
[Freeciv] planes

To: Freeciv List <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] planes
From: "Andrew E. Schulman" <andrex@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 09:12:59 -0500

I think all of the airplane units in Freeciv aren't worth bothering with.  Even
the most powerful and expensive plane, the stealth bomber, is often defeated by
a mech inf (a much cheaper unit) in a city with a SAM battery or on a hillside.
 I also lose a lot of these units by accident, by not getting them back to base
in time or by accidentally moving them off of a city when they have 1 movement
point left at the end of a turn.  For long-range attack, I'd rather have a few
battleships than a
carrier with bombers.

Andrew.