Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv] Offtopic: New project

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv] Offtopic: New project
From: Michael Hohensee <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 18:00:23 +0000

Lalo Martins wrote:

> On Jan 13, Mitch Davis decided to present us with:
> > Martin Willemoes Hansen wrote:
> > >
> > > Umh may we ask what this new project is?
> >
> > Three of us want to build a Unix workstation on a credit card.
> > We want to use the Sharp LH79402.  See here for more details:
> >
> >   http://www.sharpsma.com/datasheets/32-bit/
>
> Huh, I need one of these :-)

As do I! :)

> Do you have a mailing list or
> webpage or anything? This can become great for those who believe
> in wearable computing. Of course you're planning to use
> microdisplays? I have a bunch of them in my bookmarks page.

Does it contain more displays than http://wearables.ml.org ?  If so I'd
be very interested in stealing a copy of your bookmarks.  The best
display I've heard of is the P4, but they don't exist anymore. :(

At any rate, if you do have a mailing list, I'd love it if I could at
least lurk on it.  I'm currently trying to learn how to program
microprocessors so that I can build a sleeve mounted input device.  (the
keyboard glove is a good idea, but cannot be used to cover the full
range of keycodes that a keyboard can, and keyboard processors aren't
very bright.)

Cheers,

Michael Hohensee