Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 1998:
[Freeciv] Problem Playing a Local Game

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Problem Playing a Local Game
From: hop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 01:17:50 -0600

I'm not certain if this is a bug report, or simply my mistakes, but
here it goes. I'm having difficulties playing a simple local game of
me vs. computer. I start the server without problems, but when I try
to connect to the server, i receive a "Destination Net Unreachable".
Of course, I use a dialup PPP for my internet stuff, so I connected
to the internet, then tried to connect to my local game. It fails,
giving me a "Connection Refused".

The strange part is that when I start the server, it says that it is
ready to receive new connections. (Nothing shows up in the server's
output when I try to connect, btw).

When I try to connect to my local game, I use "localhost" as the
address that the game is located at, and I use port 5555, (default).
The port settings appear to match.

If its relevant, I'm using linux 2.0.34 (redhat 5.1). Everything
compiled and installed without a problem.

Thanks,
Justin Hopkins