Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 1998:
[Freeciv] no connected clients == no game ?

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv users)
Subject: [Freeciv] no connected clients == no game ?
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 19:54:14 +0100

I can't find a way to start a game with all AI.  It insists on a
human player.  minplayers has a minimum value of one.  Why?

(There is a way around this: add one human, start game, set human to AI.)

Also, when the last connected player in a game dies or disconnects,
the game is suspended.  I must reconnect as an AI player before the
game can progress.  Why?

(I like to run long trial games will only AI.  A connected client
 takes away computer power from the server.)

Is there something I'm missing in the interface, or is this acknowledged
behaviour?

--
Reinier Post                                             rp@xxxxxxxxxx