Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 1998:
[Freeciv] Inspiration

Subject: [Freeciv] Inspiration
From: "Martin Willemoes Hansen" <martin_w_hansen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 08:25:45 -0700

Hi Freeciv ppl!

I guess a lot of u have seen the game "Great Nations"
you can find it here http://gn.gameshock.com/ if u
havent seen it before.

First of all I think it is a good inspiration for the
Freeciv project especialy the gfx, but also how they
handle everything. Two civilization clones for linux is
good because competition is good imho.
I hope we can learn alot from them, and I hope there
soon will be better gfx for freeciv.

Now some little questions:
How are the plans for new and improved gfx?
Will openGL be in consideration?
How far has the GTK client come?
How far has the JAVA client come?

Best regards