Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: October 1998:
[Freeciv] AI Cheating (fwd)

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] AI Cheating (fwd)
From: Canis_L <twolf@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 02:00:46 -0600 (CST)

------

Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 19:53:14 -0500
From: Mark I Manning IV <i440r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: AI Cheating

This game is great but ther are a couple of things thart are totally
SHIT (sorry) about it.  the mose rediculous thing is that when i start a
game against 4 AI p[layers they all start to build the great library
before I have even researched monarchy.   THIS is not right.  You
seriously need to develop a fairer AI player.

I cant believe you needed to stack the odds against the human because
you are unable to make the AI play well emough to win without it
cheating ????

The only other SMALl annoyance is the way the mouse has to point at an
edit box in order to edit in it.  even if the window has the focus you
cant type in the edit box or move a man on the map unless the mouse
POINTS at the edit line or map window.  ERm... come on guys, surely you
can do better than that :)

I havev playd Civilisation I and II from day ONE, and the computer
ALWAYS cheated to some degree but not as bad as in this game.  There is
absolutely NO point in playing against the computer if its going to nuke
your size 3 cities iwithin 2 hours when  they are defended only with
warriors.

Make the computer play fair and Id say you had one of the BEST games
there is.  The only other game I play MORE than civilisation is The
Settlers.  NOT (repeat NOT) the settlers II because that is a lame ass
piece of shit.  The original settlers game ranks #1 on my list of
games.  I baught it the day it came out and have been playing it ever
since.  (how about a free inet version of THAT game :)

Tnx for letting me bitch at u....

Mark Manning