Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: October 1998:
[Freeciv] A note about the lists

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] A note about the lists
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 25 Oct 1998 19:37:27 -0600

Hello,

If you are all getting this (crossing fingers), you will now be able
to post to the lists using these addresses:

freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

And access Majordomo at:

majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxx

You may still use complete.org if you wish (freeciv.org will actually
go there) but we recommend freeciv.org for consistency.

Also, there is now a searchable archive at
http://www.complete.org/mailinglists/archives/ (the search engine is
new).  I will try to get the archive from the old list up there soon.

Regarding new lists, there has been some discussion about this.  I
think that we can perhaps be ready to add a couple new ones anyway in
a few days.  The mail server will actually move to a different machine
on Monday or Tuesday (a 600MHz Alpha for those keeping score at
home).  This move should not cause any noticeable disruption in any
freeciv.org list.  After this move has been completed, and everyone is
getting used to the new lists, I'll add whatever additional lists
people would like.

John

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |