Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-i18n: September 2003:
[freeciv-i18n] Re: activeunits dialog buttons in russian (GTK-2.0 client

To: freeciv-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-i18n] Re: activeunits dialog buttons in russian (GTK-2.0 client)
From: evyscr <evyscr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 10:14:46 +0400

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 21:19:51 +0200
Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 03:51:05PM +0400, evyscr wrote:
> > The problem is that words "Upgrade" and "Refresh" have the same traslation
> > in Russian.
> > So both buttons have the same name.
>
> refresh 1 give new spirit or vigour to. 2 revive (the memory), esp. by
> consulting the source of one's information.
>
> upgrade (-ding) 1 raise in rank etc. 2 improve (equipment etc.).
>
> Hope this helps. Or maybe I did misunderstood your problem?

The problem, to my mind, is that STANDARD GTK2 refresh button name have the
similar sense. In the GTK2 client  code there is no name assigned to this
button (cause it's standard GTK2 stock button). So i couldn't rename this
button while it be standard and translation is in GTK2 settings (not Freeciv's).

If i would have ability to rename Refresh button, i'd give they translation of
"Reload" which have more differ sense (it's made for GTK client). But i haven't
this ability.

> Christian

Thanks, evyscr.