Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-i18n: September 2003:
[freeciv-i18n] Re: activeunits dialog buttons in russian (GTK-2.0 client

To: freeciv-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-i18n] Re: activeunits dialog buttons in russian (GTK-2.0 client)
From: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 21:19:51 +0200

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 03:51:05PM +0400, evyscr wrote:
> The problem is that words "Upgrade" and "Refresh" have the same traslation in
> Russian.
> So both buttons have the same name.

This does happen from time to time, in any language. If it happens to me, I
try to 'invent' different translations. This is possible, if you think hard
enough :)

It helps if you consider carefully the meanings of the english words. For
example, the both you mention are defined as follows in the Oxford
Dictionary of Current English:

refresh 1 give new spirit or vigour to. 2 revive (the memory), esp. by
consulting the source of one's information.

upgrade (-ding) 1 raise in rank etc. 2 improve (equipment etc.).

Hope this helps. Or maybe I did misunderstood your problem?

Christian

--
Christian Knoke          * * *          http://www.cknoke.de