Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#20100) svn "trunk" version's data/graphics dir broken?

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#20100) svn "trunk" version's data/graphics dir broken?
From: "(Eddie Anderson)" <saywhat@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 07:00:29 -0700

  I've tried doing a checkout of the trunk using the
"svn co ... freeciv" cmd.  It didn't finish correctly.  I tried it
twice.

   Both times it has hung up at the *same* file.  After it
displayed a msg saying that it had added "data/graphics/hoover.svg" to
my working copy, it didn't report any more activity and eventually
lost the connection.

Is that file (or the one immediately after it in the repository) broken?

   After I get that "hoover" msg, the "A" msgs stop.  Eventually,
svn spits out a msg saying that the connection closed unexpectedly.
Worse, the working copy on my PC never works right.  And repeating
the "svn co ... freeciv" cmd doesn't change anything (AFAICS).

   "svn up freeciv" doesn't seem to do anything useful either.
It doesn't report any adds or updates.  It also takes a
long time (30min or more) to do (essentially) nothing.

   "svn cleanup freeciv" works but it doesn't clear the
underlying problem.  So as soon as I try another "co" or "up" that
process spins its wheels uselessly again.

  FWIW, the second time I tried doing a checkout (of the trunk) I
specified different directory name for the working copy.  But the result
was the same - a broken and incomplete working copy.

  In contrast, when I did a checkout of the 2.1 branch, that worked
flawlessly on the first try.

 -Eddie