Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#19474) crash on help-writing in 2.1.0.beta2 for win32

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#19474) crash on help-writing in 2.1.0.beta2 for win32
From: "(Eddie Anderson)" <saywhat@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 11:57:39 -0700

   BTW the OS is W98SE.

   Also I compiled the GTK client on Ubuntu and tried that (both
2.1.0b1 and 2.1.0b2).  The problem exists there too - but different
techs cause the problem there.  On the GTK version of Freeciv
2.1.0b2, only Masonry and Pottery cause a crash - a segmentation
fault.  Writing, Bronze Working, etc. work correctly.

   I looked at the techs.ruleset file but I didn't see anything
wrong with the entries for Masonry, Pottery, Writing, etc.  Could it
be the graphics associated with those techs?  I tried the game both
with and without "--tiles isophex" and it crashed the same way both
times.

   FWIW, I compiled the GTK client with "./configure --disable-nls"
(and "make" of course).

 -Eddie