Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#19474) crash on help-writing in 2.1.0.beta2 for win32

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#19474) crash on help-writing in 2.1.0.beta2 for win32
From: "(Eddie Anderson)" <saywhat@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 15:52:39 -0700

   Reproducible.  Start client.  Start new game.  Start game.  When
map appears select "Help".  Then select "Writing" or "Bronze Working" or ?.
The result is the same.  The window briefly goes gray and then vanishes
(along with the client's window).

   I first found this a few days ago on the beta1 for Win32.  I was
looking for a previous report but I hadn't finished my search by the
time beta2 came out.  16162 might be similar - but that was the gtk
version.

   In both beta1 and beta2, some help items work normally.  The only
ones that I have found that cause a crash are technology helps.  But
not even all of those crash.  E.g. Alphabet, Bridge Building, and
Warrior Code worked fine for me.  In contrast, Trade, University, and
maybe a few others caused crashes.  I didn't test all the techs.

 -Eddie