Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Removing citizens working tiles

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Removing citizens working tiles
From: Per Inge Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 18:13:14 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 9 Jun 2006, Randy Kramer wrote:
Before you (we?) do something like that, can I suggest that we do some
forking.
I'd like to see some things forked off like, here's the closest Freeciv to
Civ1, here's the closest to Civ2, (although maybe the current version of
FreeCiv is a pretty good standin for either Civ 1 or Civ 2) ... (for Civ 3
and Civ4, if anything in FreeCiv is close) and those maintained on the
Freeciv download site (and developed / maintained as people have the
interest).

Who will maintain a fork? We are already very few developers that have some time left to work on the project.

You will always have the 1.4, 2.0 and 2.1 branches in subversion that you can play, improve and make 'classic' releases from.

  - Per