Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] I'm a beginner and I'd like to know how to start a project

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] I'm a beginner and I'd like to know how to start a project up
From: "percy tiglao" <prtiglao@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 16:28:18 -0500

Hello. My name is Percival Ross Tiglao and I'm wondering how you start
up a project like Freeciv. Did you start the project small and
incrementally work your way up? Did you have a large amount of
framework? What was the prototyping process if you had one?

If you are really busy, I understand. In that case, do you know any
good books on this kind of subject? I'm trying to start up my own
project right now, and I just don't know when the design is ready, or
if I should just jump in with a vauge idea of my project.

Thanks a lot in advance!