Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15856) Editor: Edit nation info

To: kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15856) Editor: Edit nation info
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 00:11:02 -0800

The menu should just be called "Editor", like the other editor menu.

Also, it is far from clear what "Make active" does, and there is no way
the "active" player is marked.  Looking at the code I see there is an
"active" column for the players dialog, but it's not clear that this
must be enabled and for new players it wouldn't be obvious at all what
the column even meant.  It think the column should be renamed to
"editing" and should be enabled automatically (rather than through the
menu) when editing mode is enabled.  Also the menu should be changed to
"Edit this player".

Finally I don't actually know what significance the active player has,
and I can think of no good reason why it would ever have any
significance.  So I suggest we simply drop this field until we think
about that part of the design a bit more.

-jason