Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14449) Citystyle names should use Q_() macro

To: evyscr@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14449) Citystyle names should use Q_() macro
From: "Daniel Markstedt" <himasaram@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 00:29:55 -0800

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 20:18 -0800, Jason Short wrote:

> I should add that for groups the problem is slightly different because
> every group name is included translated in every ruleset.  With city
> styles there is a "master list" of city names, and we only need to
> include the prefixed version in that list.  For groups there is no such
> master list.  Rather than adding the prefix to every group, however, it
> would be better to create a master list of groups.  This may not be
> necessary however if the prefix isn't actually needed for groups (maybe
> having city styles use it is enough).
>
> -jason

I know of one good reason why groups need this too: "American"

And there is actually a "master list" for groups (I created it) in
nations.ruleset.

Good work on this so far!

BTW, units and techs could need qualifiers too. It is not critical for
Swedish (just a few cases of capitalization here) but for other
languages perhaps...

-Daniel